Course Title: R for Upstream Oil and Gas Professionals
With the current volume of digital data in the oil and gas upstream sector, application of artificial intelligence and machine learning in particular, helps oil and gas companies gain insight into reservoir characteristics and operational performance from data. The first step towards applying machine learning techniques in any project is to learn how to perform data munging, and visualization.
R, as a popular programming language for statistical computing and machine learning, provides an ideal environment for geoscientists and engineers to analyze oil and gas data using powerful data wrangling and visualization packages, statistical models, and reporting tools.
In this course, participants will learn about the essentials of R programming including data structures, tidy data, functions, data manipulation, exploratory data analysis, and reporting. Field data will be used throughout the course to help attendees gain hands-on programming skills with R.
- Work with various types of data structures
- Write technical functions
- Write data manipulation and visualization codes, in order to:
- Read and import data from files with different formats
- Clean and tidy up the imported data
- Analyze and visualize the data
- Prepare interactive reports
- Use the core Tidyverse packages in data analyses
Who Should Attend:
- All engineers & geoscientists in upstream oil and gas industry
- Prior programming experience is beneficial but not required.
Alastair Ross Technology Center (ARTC)
3553 31 Street NW, Calgary, AB T2L 2K7
$2,000 CAD including GST
Monday, 2 March, 2020 to Wednesday, 4 March, 2020 – 8:30am-4:30pm
– Course Closed –